Protecting your personal data and your privacy is very important to us. We take your privacy seriously. We treat your personal data confidentially and in accordance with legislative directives.
Remember that data transmission over the Internet can always pose a security risk. It is impossible to fully protect your data from access by third parties.
For general questions about your user account and service, please contact our Help Center.
1. Information Collection
We collect, use and store the following information about you only according to the law, or only with your consent.
For example, we store such data about you:
- Information you provide to us:Your name, email address, mailing and IP address, postal address and zip code, payment method, date of birth, phone number and password. We collect this information in various ways — for example, when you enter them when using the Kartina.TV service, when you purchase goods from us, use our service or take part in surveys and marketing campaigns.Information that comes to us when you leave reviews or ratings, set preferences or settings in your user account, or send us other information through our services, or by other means.The processing of personal data on the website also takes place if you decide to enter into an agreement with us through this website. In this case, the data you specified in the contract (see above) is processed on the website. As a customer, you can log in to your user account with your login and password.
- Automatically collected information
We collect information regarding you and your use of our services, your interaction with us or our advertising, as well as information related to your computer or other devices that are used to access our services (such as mobile devices and set-top boxes). This information includes:Details about your interaction with the user service, for example, the date, time and reason for the call as well as call and chat protocols.Your location, information obtained through cookies, tracking codes and other technologies, including your purchase history. For further information, please refer to the section “Cookies and other technologies”.When concluding a contract, we use your IP address and the characteristics of your device (display resolution, browser version and your operating system version), as well as other properties of your device, with a certain probability to recognize your repeated visits, as well as automatically check the data provided in your contract for signs of fraud in our online store. In particular, we are trying to prevent users from providing incorrect user data or third-party data when signing a contract.
- When registering for the newsletter, you must specify the required data, such as your email address. After your registration, we send you a letter to the email address you provided to confirm your address. You will receive our newsletters only after clicking on the link in this letter. Your data will be processed only for newsletter purposes.If you have given your permission to receive the newsletter, we will process your name, your email address and, if available, your indicated interests in order to send the newsletter. Using your permission, we analyze your user behavior on the website and in the application. When researching user behavior, we might create personalized user profiles related to your identity and / or email address, which will be used to provide a promotional offer focused on your individual interests.If you do not want to receive emails from us in the future, you can unsubscribe by clicking on the link that is contained in each of our newsletters.
2. How We Use Data
We use information related to you to comply with our Terms of Service, to analyze, manage, improve and personalize our services and marketing activities, to process your registration, your orders and payments, and to be able to contact you on these issues. This information is used, for example, for the following purposes:
- To identify and stop potentially illegal activities, including fraud, as well as to comply with our agreements;
- To analyze and understand our audience in order to improve our service (including the use of the user interface) and to optimize design, content and user recommendations;
- For the operation, development and optimization of this website;
- To answer your questions and fulfill your requests;
- To create individual and group profiles, as well as to determine and evaluate customer behavior;
- To handle our daily business tasks, such as website management, forum management, service delivery, protection against fraud, and enforcement of our reporting obligations as a company, as well as adherence to our Terms of Service (TOS) or law compliance;
- To comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and comply with our agreements;
- To supplement your data, which we already have, in order to better understand and better define your interests and provide you with more relevant and attractive services.
Some pages of our website use so-called plugins. When you visit one of the pages of our website or pages of applications on which plugins are integrated, a connection is established between your browser and the server of Facebook, Instagram, etc. At the same time, the social networks transfer information about your IP address and the visited page of our website or our application. In case you are authorized on a social networking site during a visit to our website or when using our application, the transmitted information is matched with your account of this social network. If during a visit to our website or using our application you are authorized on the social networking site, then the relevant information is posted on the social network when interacting with the plugin, and the link is saved in your profile. If you do not agree with the transfer of data to social networks, then you should not use the functions provided by the respective plugins.
Our business is not to sell or rent personal data. We do not share your personal data with third parties, unless you expressly consent to this, as well as in cases where the law or a court / administrative decision obliges us to do so or allows us to do this, in particular:
- Service Operators: we use other companies, authorized persons (“Service Operators”) and executive assistants to provide services on our behalf or to assist in providing our services to you. For example, we give service operators the authority to provide marketing, advertising, communication, infrastructure, logistics and IT services to personalize and optimize our service, to process payment by credit cards and other types of payments, to provide a user service, to collect debts, to analyze data and carry out optimization (including data on the interaction of our customers with our services), as well as for conducting and processing surveys among our customers. When providing such services, service operators may have access to various data, including those related to your identity. We do not authorize the use and disclosure by service operators of data related to your identity, unless it is related to the provision of their services.
- Promotions: we can offer promotions with our partners. In case you take part in such promotions, we may need to transfer your name and other information to a third party for this purpose. Please note that third parties are independently responsible for their measures to ensure data protection.
- Protection of Kartina.TV and others: we and our service operators may report or otherwise use data related to you, in case of reasonable assumptions about the need for data disclosure (a) in order to follow applicable law, regulations, legal processes or requests from authorities, (b) to enforce existing conditions of use, including the investigation of potential violations of these conditions, (c) to prevent, suppress, detect, or apply other measures against illegal and allegedly illegal actions (including payment fraud), as well as security and technical problems, or (d) to prevent violations of the rights, property or security of us, the users or the public, according to legal requirements.
Social plug-ins and social applications belong to social networks and are subject to their Terms of Service and privacy policies.
4. Freedom of Choice
You can control the type of personal information provided to us, as well as limit the ways in which we contact you. At the same time, we are convinced that your experience of interacting with our website and our service will be more personal if you give us enough information about yourself and your preferences.
Please note that we may need to contact you about important transactional data associated with your user account and your purchases. For example, even if have unsubscribed from our newsletter, we will still send confirmations when you make purchases on the site.
By changing your browser settings, you can decide how your browser handles cookies. In addition, by changing the settings of your mobile device, you can decide how your mobile device and mobile browser transmit us data from your devices and data about these devices, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies.
You can also manage the information you provide when you contact us using platforms or social networks.
5. Your Rights to Help, Delete, Block and Protest
You can view the information provided to us in your profile, as well as update, modify, block and delete it by logging in to your account, or by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Continuously updating your personal information helps to ensure that we can take your preferences into account and offer you the most relevant products and services.
In accordance with applicable law, you may: (a) request access to any other personal information we hold and ask us to update, modify, delete or block it, (b) require us to stop using any of your personal data that we store, and c) oppose the creation of your user profiles.
65201 Wiesbaden Deutschland
Although we are ready to assist you in managing subscriptions, closing your user account and deleting your active profile, we cannot always remove all records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to keep records in according of purchases made earlier on the website, in compliance with the aspects of financial reporting and compliance.
You can, at any time and without giving reasons, use your right to refuse by changing or canceling completely your consent in the future. You must send your refusal in written form per mail, email or fax. This is not associated with additional costs.
You also have the right:
- to ask us to confirm that we process personal data associated with you, and, if available, the right to request information about this personal data, including a detailed information in accordance with article 15 of the General Data Protection Regulations (him. “DSGVO”, hereinafter referred to as GDPR);
- to require the editing of your personal data;
- to ask us to delete personal data related to you for one of the reasons listed separately in art. 17 GDPR.At the same time, we cannot delete the data that we are obliged to keep for the periods established by laws.If you want us to never collect your data or contact you, we will add your relevant data to the block list;
- to cancel your future permission without prejudice to you;
- on portability of data. This means that we provide the data you requested in a form that allows you to use this data for similar services of other operators;
- to require us to limit processing in the presence of one of the reasons specified in art. 18 GDPR;
- at any time to protest the processing of personal data relating to you due to your particular circumstances.In this case, we will no longer process personal data, except in situations where we can present reasons that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or when processing is required for the purposes of approving, enforcing or protecting legal rights (article 21 of the GDPR).
- to make a complaint without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you is inconsistent with GDPR please send us an email to email@example.com
- You have the right for editing and/or addition if the personal data relating to you is incorrect or incomplete. In this case, we must make a correction immediately. Your right to correction may be limited in cases where it can significantly disrupt or make it impossible to work with statistics, and at the same time the restriction is necessary for the performance of statistical purposes.
You have the right, without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, to file a complaint with the supervisory authority, in particular in a Member State at its place of residence, place of work or place of alleged violation, if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you violates the GDPR.
6. Security of Personal Data
We take reasonable administrative, logical, physical and organizational measures to protect your personal information from loss, theft, unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can guarantee 100% protection. For this reason, we cannot guarantee the complete security of your information.
7. Other Websites, Platforms and Applications
Kartina.TV service may be offered through other platforms and / or use third-party functions or contain links to third-party websites whose policies may differ from ours, regarding information processing. For example, you can access Kartina.TV service through platforms such as applications and TV-boxes, as well as a number of other devices connected to the Internet. These websites and platforms have their own and independent data or privacy policies, notices and Terms of Service that you must read carefully. In addition, you may encounter third-party applications that interact with Kartina.TV service.
8. Storing Your Personal Data
We store your personal information as long as your account is active or necessary to provide you with services and keep records of your financial transactions for our financial reports. We also retain your personal information if it is necessary to fulfill our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. The GDPR provides that, in principle, personal data can be stored only for a specific processing purpose and only as long as it is necessary for the relevant purpose. We store your personal data in order to fulfill the contract for service and purchase, as well as for commercial and tax reasons for at least 7 years.
9. Age of Minority
To register with Kartina.TV you must be over 18 years old. In some jurisdictions, the age of majority may be more than 18 years. In these cases, you must be of this age to register. While persons under the age of 18 can use this service, they are allowed to do this only with the participation, supervision and with the consent of the parent or legal guardian.
10. Cookies and Other Technologies
When you visit the website, cookies may be set. Cookies are small text files that are stored on the hard disk of your computer and allow you to recognize your repeated visits, but do not allow to define your identity. Cookies are used to offer you an alias-based website and to facilitate your use of the website. Web beacons (or so-called tracking pixels) are used for the same purpose. Web beacons are small graphical elements that can be used on web pages that allow to record and analyze a log file and, thus, can be used for statistical evaluations.
Web beacons (also called Clear Gif or tracking pixels) often work with cookies. We and our service providers can use them for the same purposes as cookies, for example, to understand and improve the use of our service, improve the performance of the website, track the number of visitors and the behavior of visitors on our website and understand the interaction with our ads (including email and online advertising on third-party sites). Since web beacons often work with cookies, the rejection of cookies may in many cases limit the effectiveness of web beacons.
We use other technologies similar to cookies, such as browser storage and plugins (for example, HTML5, IndexedDB and WebSQL). Like cookies, some of these technologies may store small amounts of data on your device. We may use these and other technologies for cookie-like purposes, for example, to ensure compliance with our Terms of Service, prevent fraud and analyze the use of our service. There are several ways to influence these technologies. For example, many popular browsers offer the ability to clear browser memory. This feature is usually found in the settings. For additional details please visit the help center of your browser. Other technologies, e.g. Silverlight memory may be deleted in the application.
11. Social Networks
Areas for social networks
You can access the website through social networks or links to them in which you can post public information, for example, communicate with other people through discussion forums or blogs, evaluate products and merchants, and post media content. Anyone with Internet access can read, collect, and use all of the information you publish (for example, your email address along with a published restaurant review). You should avoid providing personal information about yourself or a third party.
- Facebook plugins (Like button)
Responsible part: Kartina Digital GmbH
- Hotline: +49 69 84 84 540 (Mo-So: 00-24 Uhr)
- Fax: +49 611 88 096 20
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
As of 04/30/2018